Reflections

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Classroom Volunteering

So Monday was my first day volunteering in Anthony's class... and well lets just say some things never go quite as one might plan... I arrived to the classroom and was an immediate distraction to Anthony :( The teacher was able to get him back on task (for the most part) but for the whole hour I was there he was continually checking to see where I was and what I was doing... Finally at one point the teacher told him that if Anthony wanted me to keep coming in to read with him and his friends that he would have to pay attention, so that helped some... I guess... So after a hour of one on one reading with various kids in the class it was time for me to leave... Lets just say he wasn't too happy about that either... He asked me to take him home with me :( I of course did the proper parenting "thingy" and told him that he had to stay in school and learn lots of cool stuff so he could come home and tell me everything he learned (and I might've even bribed him with a popsicle or two)
So lets just hope that next Monday goes better than this week... I do have to admit that I love hearing the kids announce "That's Anthony's Mommy!" :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Outlaw Firefighter said...

I sure hope monday is alot better for you than last!

I will be thinking about you while Im at work. :)

October 9, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home