Reflections

Sunday, July 13, 2008

This past year...

I'm sure at some point in life, some points more recent than others, I have been "guilty" of it all... I may joke about perfection but know there is nothing perfect in this world. I've always been an observer but during the past year I actually began to pay attention... I started to question lots of things: work, life, love, friendships and have realized that when you begin to practice your faith instead of just "believing" it the aforementioned begin to fall into place…

I have learned a lot about my friends and those that claimed to be my friends… When a friendship get tested its sobering to find out what people believe you to be capable of and in turn enlightened as to what they really think of you. Word has a way of getting out despite the best of efforts… I am in pursuit of a drama free life… So if you’re planning to come to me with it please walk in the other direction.

I believe that despite my shortcomings and what others perceive my shortcomings to be I have this desire to continually see good (in almost everyone)... This unfortunately has resulted in being kicked while I was already "down" and stabbed in the back one too many times :( I don't want to lose hope that there is in fact good in all people and I want others to look past my shortcomings and forgive me when I make mistakes.

So with these things in mind I ask you this.... At what point is it ok to just walk away and wash my hands of it?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Outlaw Firefighter said...

Very well put. I know Ive had my crazy year as well. What has happen will only make you stronger!

July 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey,
At your tender age, you have wonderful insight! Real friends are indeed rare and are worth the effort to maintain. Friends seem to come and go...and it's okay to see the good in them because it allows us to not be bitter about the harm done to us. With each new relationship, we can chose to learn and grow or drop a knotch down a spirialing path. I chose to learn and move on!

In all your travels, you have such opportunities...meeting folk from all over! I hope that you can think of me as a possible real friend.

Take care and Stand Tall!

donna,
the crazy redass...

July 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home