Responsibility...
Listening and observing people I've come to the conclusion that too often people are not willing to take responsibility for their actions. I've caught myself passing the buck and it amazes me all the ways we justify it!
Why aren't we willing to admit that despite the circumstances we are responsible for ourselves and our actions? So many times the justification begins with... "well I only did it because he/she did (fill in the blank) first" It doesn't matter who started it or who said what first, you have the ability to end it! An argument cannot ensue if you don't participate...
So lets just be honest and admit that its easier to place the blame on someone else or circumstances than to step up to the plate and admit your role in whatever is going on but we can't play the victim forever... eventually it catches up with you!
Everything in life is a choice! You can't always control those around you but take responsibility for what you can control... YOU! So the next time you catch yourself thinking about passing the buck... take a minute to reflect...


1 Comments:
Your right everything is life is a choice. Some people choose to always be that way. Kinda frustrating if the line of work I'm in. I see things all the time at work and nobody never wants to take the responsibility and just say yes, I did that. Everyone always wants to say they did what they did to screw me over. I'm guilty of that in someways, but im learning how to change my perspective on things.
I guess I need a nice kick in the A$$ every now and then to get me straight and NO you cant do that! I have my father for that!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home